Hearing from Me
- I will acknowledge your email within two days. I will tell you how long before I can get back to you (within a week-10 days usually). If you do not get an acknowledgement, please email me to find out about it.
- I will respond to your assignments with Tracker in Word (contains comment balloons and colored comments) but can respond to requests for hard copy comments. Permanent copies of final assignments and key correspondence between you and I will be put in your file.
- When I send you an assignment back, please let me know you got it.
Sending Emails to Me
- Put a message in the subject line to tell me what the message contains.
- If your email address does not show your name (e.g., StFX email addresses do not) make sure your subject line is clear or the message will go in Spam.
- When you attach documents to an email put them all in one file. You can ignore rules about special Roman numerals etc.
Drafts of Your Work
- I am happy to consult with you and to provide feedback as you develop your ideas and assignments in the program.
- I am happy to respond to at least one full draft of your work, before you submit it for grading, and I will do so in a timely fashion.
- It is normal in a graduate program to write and re-write, especially at the REB and thesis stages.
- Have someone read your text for readability, simple grammar, etc. And, I too look up APA so if you have questions re style or formatting please look these up.
- Use the APA formatting guidelines found on our webpage for submitting all papers. Use the recommended format for cover pages, margins, font type and size. Double check references against the APA Guidelines on our webpage and the APA Manual (6th Edition)
- Our department. works on the regular academic year. I am most available to you during the year–approximately Sept. 1-Dec. 15 and January 5-April 30. After that, my response time will be much slower. It is your responsibility to do your work within the designated time.
- I am not off all summer but I do have a one month vacation (differs each year). Otherwise, I am doing research, conducting department business or making presentations at conferences.